VP of Engineering
- 555 12th Street, Oakland, CA, United States
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started.
Today, Dictionary.com is hard at work reinventing itself as a broad-reaching platform empowering users to improve and enrich their language skills in the connected world.
You are a high impact engineering executive – you lead teams to innovate with a purpose to build products that shape and lead their markets. You have a great blend of technology, strategic thinking, and business drive. You have a strong track record of bring great new products to market and can develop a great team. You have the energy, drive, and passion for succeeding.
We are passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative culture of user-focused innovation. We are searching for a great leader who shares that mentality to join our team as the VP of Engineering reporting directly to the CEO.
What you get to do
- Lead all software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA and operations to create robust and reliable solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap across a portfolio of highly trafficked sites and mobile applications.
- Lead efforts to adopt actionable best practices such as behavior driven development, and 12-factor apps to meaningfully advance efficiency and quality
- Lead a team of highly skilled technologists to transform existing front end and back end architecture into a platform that can support a suite of applications and services
- Enact a strategic plan for developing and empowering talent with processes that result in optimal production quality and development efficiency
- Prioritize technology projects, clearly communicate status of technology projects to executive team, expose risks and tradeoffs with a no surprises philosophy
- Participate in business planning and play a key role in designing the product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and finance teams to align business and strategic goals with technology driven initiatives
- Mentor, grow and attract top talent
- Experience at internet company in media or content space, SEO a plus
- Offshore or multi-location experience very helpful Demonstrated ability to cultivate agile product development strategies
- Business strategy and goal oriented in approach to decision making, prioritization and performance measurement
- Strong leadership, people management, communication, and analytical skills
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks.Unlimited vacation policy, Excellent Medical plans, 401(k) matching,Tuition Reimbursement, team building outings, celebrations, and food!