Software Engineer, Web Applications
- 555 City Center, 555 12th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Home to the iconic Ask.com website and headquartered in Oakland’s thriving downtown, Ask Media Group is a collection of websites that help curious people find the information they need. Our growing portfolio of websites helps our users discover everything from bathrobes to tax forms, and we thrive on the challenge of developing a wide variety of sites that address everyday questions, no matter how large or small. Our team knows how to not only create but profitably grow digital properties to meaningful scale, touching the lives of millions of people each day. Ask Media Group is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and is a part of IAC Publishing, IAC’s collection of premium content brands.
Our key capabilities include:
- Multi-channel audience acquisition and monetization expertise.
- Advanced technology to support highly scaled search engine marketing across multiple domains
- A rapid release application platform allowing us to develop and test a variety of new products.
- Deep data management, analytics, and machine learning expertise to drive engaging media experiences.
- 24x7 operations services with experience supporting multiple, international domains at scale.
Ask Media Group is looking for a self-motivated, software engineer, web applications who has a passion for both client and server-side development. You will help drive development of our next generation platform used to run our search engine marketing business (SEM). This platform is vital for all our SEM operations today, and is a key revenue driver for the business. You’re a thought leader, and you demonstrate this by building creative solutions, and support rapid prototyping. You develop strong working relationships with others and want to collaborate across multiple teams.
- Design and implement sites/apps/features from start to finish (R&D, design documentation, prototyping, implementation, unit testing, test plan/test cases, release engineering)
- Work with a technology stack that includes React, Redux, Node.js, OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker, GitLab, AWS, and more.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
What you bring to us
Familiarity with React, Redux is a plus
Understanding of the AWS environment.
You will be able to take complex problems, learn quickly and persist towards a good solution.
Solid understanding of software architecture best practices
Passion for building new products/optimizing existing features in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and participating in team wide discussions.
Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills.
Solid CS fundamentals in Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Networking, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status