- 1825 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
What we are looking for
The DC Sales Director has a proven track record of success selling online media at a multi-platform digital publisher in the DC market. Our ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with a consultative sales approach and is pro-active in driving revenue and increasing the client base. He/She possesses a proven ability to plan, develop, and implement online sales strategies, and has a successful track record of meeting sales goals. The ideal candidate is entrenched in the DC market, having deep knowledge of the political and advocacy advertising market. This is a new position for The Daily Beast, so we’re looking for someone who’s excited to build a list and business from the ground up.
What you get to do
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain an account list while meeting annual revenue goals
- Work with Brand Strategy and edit to develop new programs and opportunities for this market from including events, editorial features, branded content, video and audio opportunities, vertical launches and sponsorships
- Engage and strategize with agencies and clients to determine their business needs and creative successful, renewable campaigns
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships by conducting face to face sales meetings and client entertainment
- Proactively communicate account forecasts and sales information to sales management
What you bring to us
- 7+ years digital media sales experience; Bachelor’s degree
- Cultivated relationships with digital teams in major agencies in the DC market
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships;
- High degree of self-motivation and work well both as an individual and within a team environment
- Sharp, detail-oriented, thorough and assertive
- Excellent communication, analytical, time management and presentation skills
- Customer focused with a demonstrated track record of developing successful account relationships
- High-energy individual who thrives in a growth environment
Why work here
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of the best in benefits. We offer discretionary vacation (as in take what you need with approval for all exempt and non-guild employees), tuition reimbursement, 401(k) matching, subsidized gym membership, stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.