- 114 W 41st St, New York, NY 10036, USA
What You Get to Do
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to manage the daily office operations for our CEO. This position requires strong organizational skills, an extremely proactive nature, resourcefulness and creative problem solving skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to solve any issue. This assistant must anticipate the needs of the CEO.
- Provide all administrative support; prioritize and delegate to meet strict deadlines.
- Coordinate and manage the executive’s heavy work and personal calendars.
- Responsible for a system of follow-up on all outstanding internal and external scheduling and miscellaneous issues.
- Determine importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly.
- Oversee arrangements of travel and other accommodations, including comprehensive and detailed itineraries.
- Handle heavy volume of incoming and outgoing email.
- Act as liaison with all internal and external offices. Be versed in dealing and interacting with other high level executives both internal and external to the company.
- Handle all expense report for senior executives.
- Coordinate meetings, events, and organize materials for participants. Courteously greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate office/conference room.
- Create presentations in PowerPoint for CEO’s internal meetings.
- Provide back up support for Office Manager when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; previous executive level administrative support is a plus, but not required.
- Must be available and flexible for after-hours tasks, as well as periodic weekend telephone coverage.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Communication skills must be stellar; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, extreme attention to detail, and efficiency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Need high energy and assertive nature.
- Have a failsafe method of follow up for all items.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Core business hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am to 6 pm, however this assistant must be able to be flexible and available during non-core hours.
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.