- 555 12th street, suite 400, Oakland, CA
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million people use the English language with confidence every month. Today, Dictionary.com is hard at work expanding our product offering to empower users to improve and enrich their language skills in the connected world.
The dictionary.com team is passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative culture of data driven, user focused innovation. We are searching for a motivated Data Scientist to build data products and perform critical analyses that will power decision-making at all levels of the company.
The Data Scientist will have a tremendous impact on the usability and profitability of dictionary.com as well as play a critical role in bringing new innovative products to market.
You will utilize our untapped trove of data to automate analyses that yield deeper insights about our users’ lexicon, our corpus, and our business model (distribution and monetization). You will build tools to streamline the reporting process and develop predictive algorithms to continuously improve results.
Initially, you will be focused on leveraging data from 15B annual advertising impressions to develop dynamic, automated pricing solutions and drive double digit revenue growth. From there, the sky is the limit…
- Query and summarize the massive data sets at our disposal to help drive business strategy
- Support the development of both internal and user-facing data products
- Apply statistics, machine learning, and NLP techniques to understand our monetization, content and user behavior
- Predictive analytics – use the wealth of historical data to predict the future of the internet
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in relevant field and 2+ years of industry experience as a data scientist, or PhD in a relevant quantitative field with a proven history of shipping quality code (show us something you’ve built!)
- Solid programming skills in Python
- Experience with SQL, noSQL and/or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with (willingness to learn) NLP and machine learning
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to translate complex, abstract analyses to non-technical, non-analytical counterparts
- Solid grasp of statistics, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of using data to build tools that empower business users
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high impact results in a fast paced environment
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks.
Unlimited vacation policy, Excellent Medical plans, 401(k) matching,
Tuition Reimbursement, team building outings, celebrations, and food!
We are an equal opportunity employer.