- Oakland, CA
Dictionary.com is the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
- Offer competitive salaries, plus great benefits and perks.
- Are enthusiastically creating a high performance, collaborative culture.
- Are passionate about building great products, and are inspired by the possibility of unlocking the power of language through technology.
- Love to build and launch products at consumer scale. You have done it enough times in the past to understand the challenges of scaling consumer applications.
- Have a strong track record of continuously improving great software.
- Thrive in small team environments.
- Believe in Agile based development strategies, and have a strong preference for TDD / BDD, or similar, development methodologies.
- Hold fast to a high bar of quality, using testing strategies, code reviews, pair programming, and any other approach to improve the quality of your code.
- Build and launch software products with the highest bar of quality and velocity, using modern tech stacks and tools.
- Collaborate closely with technical, analytical, and product teams to execute on an aggressive product roadmap.
- Work experience with any of the following: Node, React or Angular.js.
- Solid understanding of both SQL and NoSQL; strong experience with at least one NoSQL-database.
- Strong knowledge of *nix.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.