Search Marketing Manager
- Oakland, CA
About Ask Media Group
Home to the iconic Ask.com website and headquartered in Oakland’s thriving downtown, Ask Media Group is a collection of websites that help curious people find the information they need. Our growing portfolio of websites helps our users discover everything from bathrobes to tax forms, and we thrive on the challenge of developing a wide variety of sites that address everyday questions, no matter how large or small. Our team knows how to not only create but profitably grow digital properties to meaningful scale, touching the lives of millions of people each day. Ask Media Group is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and is a part of IAC Publishing, IAC’s collection of premium content brands.
Ask Media Group’s in-house SEM team is made up of search marketing gurus with a passion for data-driven marketing and a clear vision for how SEM can fast track our business.
What we can offer you
You will work with a team of search marketing experts, leveraging rich performance data to manage diverse keyword portfolios that drive significant traffic and revenue for the company.
What you get to do
- Use your analytical mind, natural curiosity, and passion for data-driven marketing to create and manage profitable campaigns
- Monitor and report on SEM performance
- Continually optimize campaigns to successfully meet ROI and run-rate goals
- Develop and implement new strategies for portfolio optimization and volume growth
- Optimize performance through testing and analysis
- Investigate and understand impact from systemic and seasonal factors on profit
What you bring to us
- At least 2 years of experience in search marketing required, preferably in performance-based online marketing or a marketing analytics role
- Experience with pay-per-click (PPC) search engine advertising across Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Experience working with large (>1 million keyword) portfolios preferred
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis using core marketing metrics in a variety of analytics tools (e.g., Excel, R, SQL, Tableau)
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team setting, with strong problem solving and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, dynamic environment
Why Work for Us
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch, in-house massage chair, and more. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.