- New York, NY
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Instructional Designer to join Investopedia Aacademy, a new startup within Investopedia. Reporting into the GM you will be tasked with the below.
- Participate in new program development and continuous improvement of existing programs
- Provides SME consultation for online course development
- Project manage the course development process to on time completion
- Recommend assessment strategies and course tools to accomplish desired outcomes
- Create content that is engaging, visually appealing and accessible to all types of learners
- Review assessments and content to ensure proper alignment to learning objectives
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on courses
- Leads the design and development of e-learning courses and supporting instructional materials
- 2-4 years of experience creating online B2C educational content
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Education, Instructional Design, or another relevant field required
- Excellent speaking, writing and editing skills including the ability to explain technical topics to novices and collaborate with SMEs and managers
- Experience working with film production crews (pre-and post-production)
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design principles
- You are adaptable, responsive to change, and driven to continuously improve the work that you do, looking to qualitative and quantitative data to find opportunities for improvement
- Extreme attention to detail
You are comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up company work environment
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in learning production tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate and/or Lectora
- Experience developing courses that are being sold direct to consumer
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.