Course Launch Manager
- New York, NY
We are seeking a Course Launch Manager to help scale Investopedia Academy, a new startup within Investopedia. Investopedia Academy is a new e-learning platform which leverages Investopedia’s traffic and trusted reputation in financial education to sell high quality courses on investing and finance. Reporting to the GM, you will be primarily responsible for overseeing and executing the launch of new courses in Investopedia Academy. Note: this is not an editorial role, it’s a project management role, managing the new course launch process from start to finish, after the course has been produced by the editorial team. The current process has about 50 steps involving course content, user experience, e-commerce, and marketing.
Why You’ll Love This Role
- Own one of the most critical success levers for a rapidly growing new business (new course rollout speed)
- Add strategic value by analyzing and improving our existing process
- Work in an entrepreneurial startup environment, with all the benefits of a thriving media company
- Own the new course launch process, ensuring we’re accounting for all critical steps including ecommerce setup, analytics, course setup and configuration, surveys, marketing, and more
- Evaluate the process for inefficiencies and make ongoing improvements
- Work with partners across the company to communicate deadlines and progress
- Roll up your sleeves and handle your share -- assist in course setup in our ecommerce platform and LMS (learning management system)
- Delegate specialized tasks to appropriate team members and hold them accountable to deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in project management
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative ability
- Outstanding attention to detail
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.