UX / Visual Designer, Performance Marketing
- New York, NY
Your role as a UX / Visual Designer is to work closely with the product, design and development teams in an Agile environment to create compelling products and tools delivered through visually engaging experiences.
- Utilize innovative testing methodologies to identify user needs and pain points and conceive creative solutions to optimize product, tools, and web designs. Partner with HTML/CSS designer to devise and create prototypes of appropriate fidelity to test with users.
- Design products with seamless user experiences, from concepts to low-fidelity wireframes through to hand-off ready page designs
- Partner with HTML/CSS designer to interpret high fidelity wireframes into modular HTML/CSS for final hand-off to engineering
- Partner with designers and developers to advocate for consistency and guide the evolution of our front-end framework, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
About the Team:
The Performance Marketing team builds tools and resources to empower people to make intelligent decisions on financial products and services. Our mission is to build innovative products to serve the $30 billion consumer financial services industry and become America’s top destination for choosing personal finance products like brokerages, mortgages, credit cards, student loans, personal loans, and more.
Projects we work on include:
- A personal finance concierge, matching users to their best suited financial products
- Personalized brokerage fee comparison calculator, based on unique investing styles
- Behind the scenes walkthroughs of various brokerage platforms
- In-depth online broker reviews
- Discovery into a predictive personal finance recommendation engine
- Demonstrable web design skills and sensibility with a strong portfolio
- Creative, systems-based thinking demonstrated through case studies and wireframes that show creative problem-solving
- Familiarity with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Up-to-date with the latest developments in responsive web design, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Commitment to establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Commitment to continuous improvement and working in a world-class culture
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.