Senior Corporate Counsel
- New York, NY
Seeking online Media and Advertising law guru for dynamic and fast-growing online publishing business with a particular focus on investing and personal finance.
- Providing legal and compliance advice with respect to online publications, advertising (including native and lead-gen programs), marketing and online education offerings.
- Negotiating and drafting transactional agreements for advertising, content and technology development and distribution; business development; inbound and outbound licenses; online marketing transactions.
- Being integrally involved in the business’s product development and ensuring compliance with Legal policies and procedures.
- Drafting web documentation, including Terms of Service and Privacy Policies.
- Advising and supporting Legal and Business Development teams on various matters, including legal guidelines for new programs and content production.
- Monitoring and advising on applicable regulations and legislation.
- Taking preemptive measures to avoid legal risks, conflicts and issues.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- At least six years’ legal work experience after law school graduation.
- Blend of law firm and in-house experience; preferably technology, media and/or advertising-focused and at least 2 years in-house.
- Business-minded, practical, and self-motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team with rapidly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Background in Internet, media, online advertising, copyright, trademark and privacy law.
- Experience overseeing and closing multiple projects and transactions.
- JD from an accredited law school with strong academic performance.
- New York bar membership.
- Adaptability and ability to work on a wide range of matters that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and command of the English language for internal and external communications.
- Commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of humor.
About IAC Publishing:
Established in December of 2015, IAC Publishing is IAC’s collection of premium digital media brands, including The Daily Beast, Investopedia, Dotdash (formerly About.com) and Dictionary.com, reaching more than 100 million users a month in the US alone.
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.