Senior Software Engineer (Oakland)
- Oakland, CA
Do you love to build and launch products at consumer scale? Do you thrive in small team environments? Do you have a strong preference for TDD / BDD or similar development methodologies? Do you have a strong track record of continuously improving great software?
Dictionary.com is the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual lookups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
We are looking for experienced, full-stack software engineers who have dealt with the challenges of scaling consumer applications.
- Build and launch software products with the highest bar of quality and velocity, using modern tech stacks and tools.
- Collaborate closely with technical, analytical, and product teams to execute on an aggressive product roadmap.
- Work experience with any of the following: Node, React or Angular.js.
- Solid understanding of both SQL and NoSQL; strong experience with at least one NoSQL-database.
- Strong knowledge of *nix.
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.