- Oakland, CA
About Ask Media Group
Home to the iconic Ask.com website and headquartered in Oakland’s thriving downtown, Ask Media Group is a collection of websites that help curious people find the information they need. Our growing portfolio of websites helps our users discover everything from bathrobes to tax forms, and we thrive on the challenge of developing a wide variety of sites that address everyday questions, no matter how large or small. Our team knows how to not only create but profitably grow digital properties to meaningful scale, touching the lives of millions of people each day. Ask Media Group is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and is a part of IAC Publishing, IAC’s collection of premium content brands.
- Multi-channel audience acquisition and monetization expertise.
- A rapid release application platform allowing us to develop and test a variety of new products.
- Deep data management, analytics, and machine learning expertise to drive engaging media experiences.
- 24x7 operations services with experience supporting multiple, international domains at scale.
What we can offer you
What you get to do
- Design and build Ask Media Grou's next-generation web application platform
- Obsess over performance and scalability across our tech stack
- Work with a technology stack that includes Node.js, Java, OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker, GitLab, AWS, and more
- Advance Ask Media Group's technical culture through presentations, meetups, conferences etc.
- Work closely with front-end developers to understand their needs and explore technology trade-offs
- Participate in architectural strategies, from PoC to proposal to implementation
- Learn and practice devops from the development side
What you bring to us
You are an experienced full-stack engineer – focused on Front end with a passion for modern web development and productivity. You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy solving problems as a team. You are a thoughtful problem solver, with informed and defensible positions, who is always learning. You are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution and grow in your career.
- Passion for high performance, scalability, and developer efficiency
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and utilize new technologies
- Solid understanding of software architecture best practices, particularly for web application development
- Experience building frameworks and APIs that enable maintainable and reusable application development
- Solid CS fundamentals in Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Networking, etc.
- Solid web fundamentals (HTML, CSS, HTTP, cookies, cross-browser concerns, XSS etc.)
- Linux knowledge and experience with shell scripting
- Ability to provide and receive critical feedback in a positive and thoughtful manner
- Ability to write clean, well-tested, maintainable code
- Security sensitive mindset and understanding of common attack vectors
- A track record of open-source contributions is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status, or disability status.