Senior SEM Analyst
- Oakland, CA
About Ask Media Group
Home to the iconic Ask.com website and headquartered in Oakland’s thriving downtown, Ask Media Group is a collection of websites that help curious people find the information they need. Our growing portfolio of websites helps our users discover everything from bathrobes to tax forms, and we thrive on the challenge of developing a wide variety of sites that address everyday questions, no matter how large or small. Our team knows how to not only create but profitably grow digital properties to meaningful scale, touching the lives of millions of people each day. Ask Media Group is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and is a part of IAC Publishing, IAC’s collection of premium content brands.
Ask Media Group’s in-house SEM analytics team is made up of search marketing data experts who can combine marketing expertise with analytical acumen to drive material growth in our businesses.
What we can offer you
You will work with a team of statisticians, analysts, developers and search marketing experts, leveraging rich pay-per-click data to drive the next phase of our business through A/B testing, deep dives into historical data and market research.
What you get to do
- Leverage both your analytical and creative skills to explore a wealth of keyword and performance data
- Identify and manage new tests and initiatives that will have a material impact on the company’s bottom line
- Build keyword performance and customer behavioral models using statistical and non-statistical methods
- Drive innovation in applying data mining and statistical modeling to refine the in-house bidding strategy
- Learn and refine PPC management skills and best practices from experts in the field
- Design new algorithms for portfolio bidding, clustering and performance prediction
- Investigate and understand impact from systemic and seasonal factors on portfolio performance and profitability
- Mentor junior level analysts to improve their knowledge of both statistics/analytics as well as marketing (business integration)
What you bring to us
- At least 2-3 years of analytics experience required, preferably in a marketing, web or search marketing analytics role
- Ability to translate complicated analytical findings into actionable business recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe your findings to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and experience in diverse analytical methods (e.g. A/B testing, linear regression, clustering)
- Ability to develop predictive data models using statistical, mathematical or data mining methods
- Experience in working with massive datasets and in identifying and correcting data problems (e.g., outliers, non-normal distributions, etc.)
- Strong history of collaboration with non-analytical colleagues/customers to define analytical method in support of business goals
- Competency in scripting and database languages (e.g., SQL) in addition to data transformation and statistical computing software (e.g., R, SAS)
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team setting, with strong problem solving and time-management skills
- MA/MS in quantitative or business field (Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Marketing, Economics, etc.)
Why Work for Us
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch, in-house massage chair, and more. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.