System Administrator (Contract)
- Oakland, CA
About IAC Publishing
IAC Publishing brings together a collection of the web’s most trusted brands to create one of the largest digital publishers in the world, reaching more than 100 million US users a month. With distinct and influential voices, our media brands touch millions of discerning adults and actively engaged millennials, each one offering advertisers a variety of unique and creative ways to make a lasting impression.
Our Global IT team is a shared resource between multiple brands within IAC Publishing that includes Investopedia, The Daily Beast, Ask Media Group, Dictionary.com and About.com.
Only accepting Local Candidates. Must live in the San Francisco area.
What We Can Offer You
As a systems administrator at IAC Publishing, you’ll support the IT infrastructure as well as cloud based solutions that are implemented. You will get to collaborate with many teams to build and support IT infrastructure. You will create, automate and document processes to make the team more efficient. This is a contract role with high likelihood that it will become full-time.
And you will be exposed to several brands that we support within the IAC Publishing family such as Ask Media Group, Dictionary.com, Investopedia, Dotdash (was About.com) and The Daily Beast.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are an experienced systems administrator who enjoys a team environment.
- You seek out collaboration and partnership with technology and business contacts.
- You are a thoughtful problem solver with informed and defensible positions who is always learning.
- You will leverage your creativity, positive attitude and ability to provide solutions for success.
- You are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution, work with something you will take pride in and help us envision what great things we can do with technology.
What You Get to Do
Here are some of the responsibilities and tasks we’re looking for in this role:
- Manage Identity Provider using SAML (preferably Okta)
- Manage Office 365 and Active Directory at large scale
- Manage Security Solutions (such as CarbonBlack, Symantec Endpoint Protection, JAMF Casper Suite, PhishMe)
- Manage Operating System Deployment Tools (Windows/OSX)
- Manage VMWare infrastructure
- Provide end-user support
What You Bring to Us
- Active Directory administration and Office 365 / Exchange Online
- VMware vCenter and ESXi, VM templating, LUN/volume management
- iSCSI storage arrays, hardware RAID, & filesystems (NTFS, VMFS)
- Networking Skills (DNS, DHCP, WIFI (Meraki), Wireless Site Surveys and Design, OSPF)
- Windows File server administration (DFS experience optional, but nice)
- Multi-factor authentication (Okta specifically)
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Windows Server/Client & OS X Knowledge
- Ability to work without instruction
- Excellent communication skills and rigorous with documentation
Huge pluses (but not required):
- Amazon Web Services (Managing AWS IAM Access for users)
- Ability to automate repetitive tasks (Windows: Powershell, Mac/Linux: Bash / Python)
- Ability to develop custom solutions ad hoc (Scripts, Integrations)
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Git experience (GitLab)
- Understanding of change control
- Linux experience
- Understanding of highly distributed, multi-site systems with high-availability requirements
- Advanced Networking Concepts like IPSec Site-to-Site tunnels (Manage the Office Network solutions such as VPN, Meraki, Corporate Site Network Support, 802.1x, Network Management & Monitoring using open source Linux tools, Firewalls/Switches/Router experience, Segmented LAN Architecture)
- Represent the Golden State Warriors! (our last admin who transferred was from Cleveland…)
We are an equal opportunity employer.