Senior Developer, Backend Engineering
- Oakland, CA
About IAC Publishing Labs
Headquartered in Oakland's vibrant tech scene, IAC Publishing Labs is an IAC operating company focused on building unique digital experiences in a variety of categories including search, ecommerce, and digital content. Across IAC Publishing Labs we reached 100 million unique users per month across the globe.
Our key capabilities include:
- Multi-channel audience acquisition and monetization expertise.
- A rapid release application platform allowing us to develop and test a variety of new products.
- Deep data management, analytics, and machine learning expertise to drive engaging media experiences.
- 24x7 operations services with experience supporting multiple, international domains at scale.
What we can offer you
We are looking for a Senior Developer for the Backend Engineering team to work on business products and projects related to our microservices and data platforms. We power the systems behind our top-10 digital properties and world class performance marketing functions. The Backend Engineering team is responsible for initiatives such as search indexes and data systems, data pipelines and processing, and rapid microservices delivery. You’d be working with multiple teams in a culture that values collaborative, pragmatic solutions.
What you get to do
- Solve for challenges that involve concurrency and multi-tenancy at a large scale.
- Work with a technology stack that includes Java, Node.js, Openshift / Kubernetes / Docker, Linkerd, AWS services, Solr, big data systems and more.
- Work on large container and cloud migration initiatives.
- Participate in the architectural strategy, from PoC to proposal to implementation.
- Implement modern, scalable, business driven capabilities for big data and real time processing.
- Be recognized as a master of, and internal SME for, specific solutions and technologies.
- Collaborate with the Front End, BI, Data Sciences team on designing and implementing solutions.
- Leverage self service development pipeline and push directly to production.
What you bring to us
You are an experienced developer who enjoys a team environment and working with a diverse set of systems. You seek out collaboration and partnership with technology and business contacts. You are a thoughtful self reliant problem solver, with informed and defensible positions, who is always learning. You will leverage your creativity, positive attitude and ability to provide solutions for success. You are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution, work with something you will take pride in and help us envision what great things we can do with data.
- Strong Computer Science skills.
- Must understand the core principles of OO design & development and how to apply them in a highly scaled environment.
- Must understand the fundamental data types, sorting algorithms and data structures.
- Solid communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to create well structured, properly designed code for simplicity and maintainability.
- Minimum 5 years experience writing and troubleshooting production Java applications.
- Experience with SQL optimization and schema design
- Production support of the JVM in a distributed high QPS environment
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn, utilize and support new technologies.
- Linux knowledge and experience.
- Comfort working with CI tooling, legacy code bases and troubleshooting production applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer