- Oakland, CA
At IAC Publishing Labs, we have a passion for building fun and useful content sites that entertain and inform millions of people all over the world. As the labs division of IAC Publishing — one of the world’s largest digital publishers with a collective reach of 100 mm monthly US users — we support some of the biggest websites in the world, including About.com & Dictionary.com. In addition to the work we do on our owned and operated portfolio of sites that include the leading Q&A site Ask.com, we are constantly experimenting in digital publishing and marketing. We are serious about fostering a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we’re looking for great people to come join our team.
What you bring to us
- At least 1-2 years of analytics experience required, preferably in a marketing, web or search marketing analytics role
- Ability to translate complicated analytical findings into actionable business recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe your findings to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and experience in diverse analytical methods (e.g. A/B testing, linear regression, clustering)
- Experience in working with massive datasets and in identifying and correcting data problems (e.g., outliers, non-normal distributions, etc.)
- Competency in scripting and database languages (e.g., SQL) in addition to data transformation and statistical computing software (e.g., R, SAS)
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team setting, with strong problem solving and time-management skills
IAC Publishing Labs in-house SEM analytics team is made up of search marketing data experts who can combine marketing expertise with analytical acumen to drive material growth in our businesses.
What we can offer you
You will work with a team of statisticians, analysts, developers and search marketing experts, leveraging rich pay-per-click data to drive the next phase of our business through A/B testing, deep dives into historical data and market research.
What you get to do
- Leverage both your analytical and creative skills to explore a wealth of keyword and performance data
- Identify and manage new tests and initiatives that will have a material impact on the company’s bottom line
- Build keyword performance and customer behavioral models using statistical and non-statistical methods
- Learn and refine PPC management skills and best practices from experts in the field
- Design new algorithms for portfolio bidding, clustering and performance prediction
- Investigate and understand impact from systemic and seasonal factors on portfolio performance and profitability
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.