- Oakland, CA
About IAC Publishing Labs
Headquartered in Oakland's vibrant tech scene, IAC Publishing Labs is an IAC operating company focused on building unique digital experiences in a variety of categories including search, ecommerce, and digital content. Across IAC Publishing Labs we reached 100 million unique users per month across the globe.
Our key capabilities include:
• Multi-channel audience acquisition and monetization expertise.
• A rapid release application platform allowing us to develop and test a variety of new products.
• Deep data management, analytics, and machine learning expertise to drive engaging media experiences.
• 24x7 operations services with experience supporting multiple, international domains at scale.
What we can offer you
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the Platform team. We develop the platforms, services, and frameworks that enable other developers to build our world-class digital properties. Our backend services manage incoming requests and marshall data to the front-end, and the libraries and tools we build are used to create modern and maintainable front-end applications. We are passionate about developer productivity and often find ourselves spearheading new technologies and processes for the entire dev org (eg. containerization, continuous-delivery). While focused on web developers, you’d be working with multiple teams in a culture that values collaborative, pragmatic solutions.
What you get to do
• Design and build IACPL’s next-generation web application platform
• Obsess over performance and scalability across our tech stack
• Work with a technology stack that includes Node.js, Java, OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker, GitLab, AWS, and more
• Advance IACPL's technical culture through presentations, meetups, conferences etc.
• Work closely with front-end developers to understand their needs and explore technology trade-offs
• Participate in architectural strategies, from PoC to proposal to implementation
• Learn and practice devops from the development side
What you bring to us
You are an experienced full-stack engineer – focused on Front end with a passion for modern web development and productivity. You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy solving problems as a team. You are a thoughtful problem solver, with informed and defensible positions, who is always learning. You are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution and grow in your career.
• Passion for high performance, scalability, and developer efficiency
• Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and utilize new technologies
• Solid understanding of software architecture best practices, particularly for web application development
• Experience building frameworks and APIs that enable maintainable and reusable application development
• Solid CS fundamentals in Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Networking, etc.
• Solid web fundamentals (HTML, CSS, HTTP, cookies, cross-browser concerns, XSS etc.)
• Linux knowledge and experience with shell scripting
• Ability to provide and receive critical feedback in a positive and thoughtful manner
• Ability to write clean, well-tested, maintainable code
• Security sensitive mindset and understanding of common attack vectors
• A track record of open-source contributions is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status, or disability status.