Senior Product Manager
- New York, NY
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, The Daily Beast now reaches more than 20 million readers per month. The Daily Beast is based in New York and is an operating business of IAC.
What we can offer you
As the Senior Product Manager for consumer products you will work with editorial, ad operations and the analytics, design and engineering groups to incrementally improve the reader experience and revenue derived from The Daily Beasts website and applications. You will also, work across teams to define and justify investment in new products and revenue streams.
You’ll get to use your great organizational skills to collaborate with co-workers in a fast-changing, small business environment. You will learn what needs to be built and establish business cases for prioritizing work based on qualitative experimental results and data analysis. This position will report to the Chief Technology & Product Officer.
What you get to do
- Collect and analyze user feedback, partner needs and analytics to provide product insights supporting new offerings, new features and optimizations.
- Collaborate with end-users, business owners, design, engineering and QA to prepare a backlog with clear, actionable requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Make visible project timelines and risks.
- Ensure delivery of information and decisions from collaborating teams including editorial, sales, operations, marketing, and analytics.
- Actively identify and resolve impediments to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Work with executive team to form a coherent short to mid-term product strategy and roadmap
What you bring to us
- 3-5 years of product management experience with desktop and mobile web products
- Experience building business cases for engineering investment
- Experience in revenue generating digital products whether ad driven, subscribed, or transactional.
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile product and engineering environment.
- Ability to model web consumer behavior and an ability to draw inferences and verifiable assumptions from existing analytics: Google Analytics, DFP reporting.
- Ability to learn technical or operational details required to manage and optimize a revenue stream.
- Written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical personnel.
- Passion for Journalism and dedication to journalistic integrity
Why work for us
- You will be part of a small team of data nerds
- You will get to see firsthand how news topics influence the words people look up in the dictionary
- You will get in touch with your data “artist” side by looking for innovative ways to provide insight into trends
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.