Social Media Editor
- New York, NY
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 20 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Investopedia is seeking a Social Media Editor to help manage all of the sites social media platforms. Candidates must have a passion for investing, an obsession with all things social, an enthusiastic attitude, and a good work ethic. We’re looking for someone who has strong writing skills and who’s great at dreaming up (and executing) creative ideas. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year working on a brand’s social strategy and education or personal interest in finance/investing.
- Create, curate and promote compelling content across our social media channels
- Adapt written content for various social media platforms into social friendly formats such as image, video, and infographics
- Track and analyze social media and site metrics to gauge performance of content and promotions, making suggestions/decisions based on data
- Report social stats to key stakeholders
- Pitch innovative social programs and ideas
- Pitch daily stories and write/produce stories as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1+ years experience in a social media or writing role
- Experience working with multimedia tools such Photoshop to create social friendly graphics
- Experience in developing social media content that generates social reach and builds web traffic
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, high-stakes, (but also fun!) working environment
- Understanding of investing and financial markers
- Familiar with Google Analytics
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2016 by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.