Search Marketing Manager
- Oakland, CA
About IAC Publishing Labs
At IAC Publishing Labs, we have a passion for building fun and useful content sites that entertain and inform millions of people all over the world. As the labs division of IAC Publishing — one of the world’s largest digital publishers with a collective reach of 100 mm monthly US users — we support some of the biggest websites in the world, including About.com & Dictionary.com. In addition to the work we do on our owned and operated portfolio of sites that include the leading Q&A site Ask.com, we are constantly experimenting in digital publishing and marketing. We are serious about fostering a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we’re looking for great people to come join our team.
IAC Publishing Labs in-house SEM team is made up of search marketing gurus with a passion for data-driven marketing and a clear vision for how SEM can fast track our business.
What we can offer you
You will work with a team of search marketing experts, leveraging rich performance data to manage diverse keyword portfolios that drive significant traffic and revenue for the company.
What you get to do
- Use your analytical mind, natural curiosity, and passion for data-driven marketing to create and manage profitable campaigns
- Monitor and report on SEM performance
- Continually optimize campaigns to successfully meet ROI and run-rate goals
- Develop and implement new strategies for portfolio optimization and volume growth
- Optimize performance through testing and analysis
- Investigate and understand impact from systemic and seasonal factors on profit
What you bring to us
- At least 1-2 years of experience required, preferably in performance-based online marketing or a marketing analytics role
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis using core marketing metrics in a variety of analytics tools (e.g., Excel, R, Tableau)
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team setting, with strong problem solving and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, dynamic environment
- Experience with pay-per-click (PPC) search engine advertising across Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Experience working with large (>1 million keyword) portfolios preferred
- Familiarity with programming or scripting languages and/or statistical platforms is preferred (e.g., SQL, R, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
Why Work for Us
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.