Programmatic Sales Director
- Oakland, CA
What we can offer you
You’ll have the rewarding opportunity to move the needle on sales and revenue performance. You will build upon a strong base of existing relationships to drive growth for a much loved brand, with huge audience and solid performance metrics.
What you get to do
- Partner with peer group to develop Dictionary.com’s PMP (Private Market Place) strategy, value proposition and sales plan
- Tirelessly represent Dictionary.com properties to PMP buyers to maximize sales and revenue in premium programmatic channels
- Use data and analysis to identify strategic opportunities to engage buyers and drive incremental revenue
- Develop and manage a pipeline of potential buyers and achieve a high rate of acquisition of new buyers
- Test various strategies for pricing and packaging inventory to drive the highest sales potential
- Analyze, negotiate, execute, and optimize private marketplace and programmatic campaigns
- Continuously review performance of existing campaigns to identify and execute on opportunities to upsell or expand campaigns
- Collaborate with yield management, product, engineering and analytics teams to achieve team goals
What you bring to us
- 5+ years of sales experience, with at least 3 years in programmatic sales
- Deep understanding of the landscape of programmatic buyers including SSP’s, DSP’s, trade desks and agency buyers
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- Experienced in analytical toolset including Excel and Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Natural curiosity balanced with ability to manage risks
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical or technical field
Why work for us
We are passionate about building great products and are inspired by the possibility of unlocking the power of language through technology. We are enthusiastically creating a high performance, collaborative culture. We are searching for a driven individual who shares this mentality to join our team.
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. As the most innovative and technologically advanced dictionary, we are committed to accelerating the discovery and mastery of the English language in all its forms. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We offer competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks like unlimited vacation, commuter subsidy, 401(K) matching, free snacks, and a gourmet coffee bar.