Junior Recruiter / Recruiting Coordinator
- New York, NY
About IAC Publishing
IAC Publishing brings together a collection of the web’s most trusted brands to create one of the largest digital publishers in the world, reaching more than 100 million US users a month. With distinct and influential voices, our media brands touch millions of discerning adults and actively engaged millennials, each one offering advertisers a variety of unique and creative ways to make a lasting impression.
Our HR and Recruiting team is a shared resource between multiple brands with IAC Publishing that includes Investopedia, The Daily Beast, Ask.com, Dictionary.com and About.com.
What We Can Offer you
We’re looking to find a recruiting professional who is ready to grow their career, take the next step but already has some of the foundation to succeed! We need someone to support two companies - both The Daily Beast and Investopedia (brands within IAC Publishing). We’re looking for someone who has the ability to create and drive their own process, goes the extra mile, and is always seeking new and innovative ways to succeed (and not be afraid to make mistakes or take on big tasks!). Our ideal candidate will be high energy, highly motivated, dynamic, and self-directed. This candidate should also be comfortable recruiting for multiple markets (i.e. New York, Canada and occasionally other markets such as the San Francisco Bay Area) and work in two locations within NY (Chelsea and Bryant Park).
The ideal candidate has the building blocks of a great recruiter. What does that mean? Ideally you have recently started your career and have done sourcing, worked as a recruiting coordinator, HR support or full-cycle recruiting in a corporate setting or at an agency supporting tech/digital publishing companies. We’re not overly formal with process here so the sky’s the limit with your potential.
What You Get to Do
Meet with hiring managers to develop a complete understanding of the role and its needs. Develop an appropriate strategy with the hiring manager for attracting the right candidates to the role.
- Exposure to a wide range of external recruiting policies, practices and trends.
- Sourcing candidates and developing pipelines of candidates.
- Maintain applicant-tracking database for reporting purposes and keeping manager apprised of recruiting activity.
- Work with hiring manager and HR Benefits department to develop competitive offers. Evaluate skill level, manage offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, offer letter generation and offer acceptance/declines.
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring manager and senior management.
- Get to recruit in multiple verticals such as Engineering, Product, Sales, Editorial, Marketing, Management and whatever else the business needs.
- Be able to manage entire recruiting lifecycle (from engaging with hiring manages to sourcing to scheduling an interview/greeting candidate to making an offer).
- Exposure to HR practices (scheduling, onboarding, fielding HR questions)
- Open to traveling within New York (we have 2 offices in NY and you will need to split your time amongst them – Chelsea and Bryant Park)
- Ability to be self-managed and work with a remote reporting structure (manager will be based in San Francisco, CA)
What You Bring to Us
- Minimum 1 year of corporate recruiting experience (could be as a Recruiting Coordinator or Sourcer) or equivalent experience (agency experience welcome)
- Exposure to roles that involve both technical and non-technical
- (Technical:) Common roles – Full Stack Developers, Front-end, Mobile
- (Non-Technical:) Programmatic Advertising, Performance Marketing (SEO), Web Analytics, Statistical Analytics, Finance (FP&A, Accounting), Editorial/Writing, Sales, UI/UX, Project Managers
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Can manage as many tasks (open jobs) ranging anywhere from 10-20+ roles at any given time
- Passion for and dedication to improving the candidate experience
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system (ATS) such as Jobvite or SmartRecruiters
- Experience working with job board tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter
- Ability to identify and source talents through non-traditional methods is a huge plus
- Ranking candidates for manager review and conducting technical and non- technical phone screens, transcribing clear notes to the hiring managers.
- Some capacity in providing presentations, training or moderating a meeting (communication, organization, and prioritization skills are key)
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.