- New York, NY
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
We are seeking an E-Commerce Analyst to shed light on the performance of Investopedia Academy, a new startup within Investopedia. Investopedia Academy is a new e-learning platform which leverages Investopedia’s traffic and trusted reputation in financial education to sell high quality courses on investing and finance. Reporting to the GM, you will be primarily responsible for distilling highly complex data sets into actionable learnings.
- Pull data from multiple sources, including web based reporting tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google DFP, Sailthru) and database software
- Compile and manipulate data from many data sources into one overarching reporting system
- Organize data based on metrics (e.g. landing page visits, conversion rate), segments (e.g. user country, source of traffic, platform), and cohorts (e.g. user groups based on specific time periods or a/b tests)
- Own the accuracy of data by learning the relationship between metrics and ensuring there are multiple methodologies to derive each metric
- Proactively communicate any inaccuracies to business leaders and developers, providing evidence of the problem, and potential solutions to resolve
- Present data in a manner which best allows business leaders to quickly and easily make decisions
- Create a process to do all of the above on at least a weekly basis
Opportunities for Growth:
- Liaison between developers and business leaders to assess the compatibility of data from multiple sources and advise on architecture requirements
- Proactively analyze results to discover actionable ideas and vocalize them to business leaders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience in an e-commerce or web analytics role
- Expert level understanding of Google Analytics – especially for e-commerce tracking
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Fluent in SQL
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Great at collaborating across multiple teams
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, high-stakes, (but also fun!) working environment
Nice to Have:
- Passion and understanding of investing and financial markets
- Experience working with an email service provider (ESP)
- Experience working with an ad server (ideally Google DFP)
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2016 by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.