Freelance Daily News Writer/Blogger
- New York, NY
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 20 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our business while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences. We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Are you passionate about markets and company news? Are you able to write accurately, quickly and succinctly about company strategy, quarterly reports and leading economic indicators? Investopedia is seeking freelance writers to cover finance at a digital newsroom pace and help our audience of 21 million monthly visitors make smarter investment decisions. We are based in New York, but you don’t need to be. Experience in digital publishing/CMS and a news metabolism are a must.
- Writing timely, concise and unbiased news briefs according to Investopedia editorial guidelines
- Sourcing and distilling accurate financial data, whether from research reports, earnings calls or economic news aggregators
- Identifying upcoming news and potential stories
- 2-4 years of digital news writing experience
- Familiarity with content management systems like Wordpress and Drupal
- An intimate knowledge of banking and investing products including stocks, indices, mutual funds, ETFs, bonds, wealth management, options, futures, commodities and forex
This is a remote position.