Senior Data Scientist
- Oakland, CA
IAC Publishing brings together a collection of the web’s most trusted brands to create one of the largest digital publishers in the world, reaching more than 100 million US users a month. With distinct and influential voices, our media brands touch millions of discerning adults and actively engaged millennials, each one offering advertisers a variety of unique and creative ways to make a lasting impression.
We are looking for a senior data scientist to join IAC Publishing Labs’ data science team. The data science team plays a key role in our business, owning projects from ideation to production, and collaborating with our data engineering teams to build scalable solutions. We have mountains of language and user-interaction data that we use to drive breakthroughs both in performance marketing and in the creation of engaging search and content experiences. As a senior member of the team, you will collaborate across the organization within a culture that values pragmatic solutions.
What you will do
- Write code and build cool stuff
- Use data to tell a story
- Collaborate and help drive solutions
- Be an authority within the organization on data science and machine learning
- Work with big data technologies such as hadoop and spark
- Help ensure that we follow best practice in both data science and engineering
You are an experienced, pragmatic data science practitioner. You enjoy collaborating to find the best solution, regardless of ownership. You are a creative problem solver and optimistically engage in a new challenge. You love getting your hands on a new data set and figuring out how to use it.
- Have strong foundational understanding of topics in data science
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Enjoy coding and have a point of view on best practices
- Are comfortable programming in Python and leveraging Python’s data science stack
- Have experience with plotting and visualization libraries
- Have experience with a big data stack (e.g. hadoop/spark/hive) ideally on AWS
- Ideal: Have a PhD or a master’s plus experience in a quantitative subject
Why Work for Us
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.