Contract Technical Recruiter
- Oakland, CA
What We Can Offer you
This is a contract recruiter role, full-cycle recruiting role that will support Dictionary.com. We’re looking for someone who goes the extra mile and is always seeking new and innovative ways to bring in top talent. Our ideal candidate will be high energy, highly motivated, dynamic, and self-directed. This candidate should also be comfortable recruiting for multiple markets (i.e. San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, New York and Canada). You will be attending after-hours meetups, user-groups and networking with top Software Engineer candidates.
You also understand the San Francisco hiring landscape, the challenges in engineering recruiting and can bring creative approaches to sourcing, attracting and closing candidates in this tough market.
What You Get to Do
Meet with hiring managers to develop a complete understanding of the role and its needs. Develop an appropriate strategy with the hiring manager for attracting the right candidates to the role.
• Heavy sourcing, linkedin, github, stack overflow and any other avenues for finding talent
• Attending meet-ups, user-groups is required
• Ability to evaluate top Software Engineer talent on both technical and soft-skills
• Maintain applicant-tracking database for reporting purposes and keeping manager apprised of recruiting activity
• Work with hiring manager and HR Benefits department to develop competitive offers. Evaluate skill level, manage offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, offer letter generation and offer acceptance/declines
• Negotiate offers by collaborating with hiring manager, senior management, and other groups as necessary
• Prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently
What You Bring to Us
• Experience in full-cycle recruiting with an emphasis on sourcing (including scheduling, greeting candidates, process management and making offers)
• Passion for and dedication to improving the candidate experience
• Experience working with an applicant tracking system (ATS) such as Jobvite, SmartRecruiters.
• Experience working with job board tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter.
• Ability to identify and source top talent
• Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. As the most innovative and technologically advanced dictionary, we are committed to accelerating the discovery and mastery of the English language in all its forms. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We offer competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks like unlimited vacation, commuter subsidy, 401(K) matching, free snacks, and a gourmet coffee bar.