Lead Web Developer
- Edmonton, Canada
Investopedia, is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 20 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission is to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audience.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
We are looking for a strong lead developer who can further the success of our applications and lead in creating great user experiences that run blazingly fast through quick iteration. The ideal candidate is eager to work with new tools and languages and realizes that it's all about problem solving and that syntax is secondary. At Investopedia, we work on a wide range of projects at all times – everything from new website products and mobile apps to data warehouses are in play.
- Communicate with managers, team leads and product owners to accomplish business goals
- Responsible for documentation, quality of work and task estimation accuracy
- Perform code reviews and consistently deliver high-quality work
- Mentor and manage junior, intermediate and senior developers
- Measure/record personal and team metrics
- Other responsibilities as defined by the VP Engineering
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes
The candidate should exhibit the following:
- Leading a team, projects and deliverables
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving abilities
- Expert in at least one structured programming language
- Comprehensive understanding of the web, web architecture and best practices
- Able to identify system deficiencies, design and create solutions
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time and on budge
- Understand technical and functional design requirements
- Understand standard development practices
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of industry experience; equivalencies will be considered
The following areas of experience would be considered assets:
- Online publishing
- Online advertising
- Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools
- Search Engine Optimization principles
We are an equal opportunity employer.