- New York, NY
Why The Daily Beast? We reach over 26.5MM of the most affluent and influential readers on the web, the majority of whom are millennials. We have the aesthetic, quality and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-‐savvy required to be a digital only publisher. We are the best in the business at content partnerships, and we prove it through home grown proprietary content tools that allow us to both predict what our partners should write about, but also measure the success of their content. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-‐known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are seeking a detail-oriented applicant with a strong interest in online video production, post-production and news to join The Daily Beast Video team. This position is an exciting opportunity for someone to gain hands-on experience in the video and online news media space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pitching, editing, producing mashups and other original content.
- Write captions and headlines
- Pitch video ideas for different social formats.
- Working with our video partners to adapt their original content for the Beast.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A strong background in film or video production and post-production, with solid knowledge of Final Cut or Adobe Premiere
- An understanding of and a strong interest in current events ranging from politics to pop culture, as well as trends in social media.
- Must be comfortable with deadlines and a fast-paced environment.
- A solid background in web production and working with different CMS’.
- Familiarity or knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop
- A background in journalism or related major is appreciated but not required.
- Links to editing and/or production reels are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.