Senior Data Engineer - Scala / Kotlin
- 11 York St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
About Hyper Anna
We’re a fast growth software start-up in the AI and data analytics space, and we’re on a mission to democratise data. We’ve built an AI powered data analytics platform called ‘Anna’ who is transforming how businesses use their data. Anna enables users to interact with their data in natural language, providing them with actionable insights in just a few seconds and empowering them to be curious about their business.
Behind our software is a growing team that wants to make a difference. People who love solving real world problems with smart ideas and smart technology. We're product builders, creative thinkers and we always go that extra step to delight our customers. We're building software for the data revolution. Come and join us.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our product team. You'll be working on optimizing, expanding and developing our existing data ingestion pipeline as part of our product, as well as our internal data processes. You'll also be working closely with pre-sales & client engagement teams in helping our clients, while acting as an SME on data-related matters, such as data ETL, quality control, data pipelines, transformation and analytics.
You'll be working in a squad as part of our product development team, alongside data scientists, DevOps specialists and software engineers. You'll be excited by not only building bespoke data solutions for specific business problems, but also developing one as part of our product.
What You'll Do
- Develop Hyper Anna as a product and proactively look for areas of improvements around data pipeline & architecture within the product
- Act as a technical SME for client support on data-related matters, including areas such as data ETL, quality control, data pipeline, transformation and analytics.
- Assist stakeholders, including executives, product managers, pre-sales & client engagement team on answering data related questions
- Maintain internal data pipelines for platform and usage monitoring
- Identify, design and implement process improvements and automate manual processes, including optimising data delivery, developing product & infrastructure for greater scalability, integrating analytics with other systems, etc.
- Conduct data investigations and provide recommendations on how to assemble data necessary to meet internal & client requirements
We'd love you to have
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong programming skills in Scala or Kotlin
- Previous experience in software development (especially around data ETL processes including data wrangling, cleansing and data quality control)
- Previous experience with data analytics & visualisation
- A desire to proactively learn & research new ideas
You’ll have the opportunity to join our team at a pivotal stage of our growth! This means you’ll have access to real career opportunities, be in a role that makes a difference, receive a competitive salary + equity, and work in our beautiful, centrally located office.
We have big plans, come and join us.