PhD - Electrochemistry and PEM Fuel Cells (PEMFC)
- 3351 Boulevard des Forges, Trois-Rivières, QC G9A 5H7, Canada
Hydrogen Research Institute (IRH) of Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) is one of Canada’s leading institutions in hydrogen research.
Our mission is to advance science and technology for the establishment of a sustainable energy system using hydrogen particularly in the field of storage, safety and use. The Hydrogen Research Institute is a multidisciplinary team of over 50 people having at its disposal state of the art equipment and laboratories.
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student in the field of Materials science with a major interest in electrochemistry, fuel cells and electrolyser. The PhD candidate should have a degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or closely related fields, with an outstanding profile to work on the project focuses on development of new and improved catalyst materials for the next generation of low temperature fuel cells and electrolyzers.
- Synthesis of precious metals on different support
- Carbonaceous materials
- Physical Characterizations (TEM, SEM, BET, XRD, etc)
- Electrochemical Characterization (ORR, EIS,LSV,etc)
- Excellent master degree in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Strong interest in pursuing research on synthesis of CNFs and doping
- High motivation for pursuing a PhD within 3 years
- Excellent organizational skills and team player
- Ability to show initiative and work independently
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English (French knowledge is an asset)