- Quezon Ave, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Employees can work remotely
Not-for-profit foundation that coordinates community maintenance of the Hummingbot open source software, freely available under the Apache 2.0 license.
Our mission is to democratise algorithmic trading. Together, we make sophisticated high-frequency trading strategies freely available to everyone in the world.
Hummingbot is the world's leading open source crypto trading bot. A modular toolbox with
connectors to 30+ centralized and decentralized exchanges along with 14 customizable strategy templates, Hummingbot is used every day by tens of thousands of individual and professional traders all over the world.
We are seeking an Operations Administrator to be the operations leader for the Hummingbot Foundation - the not-for-profit open source foundation that steers Hummingbot, powered by the HBOT token.
You will work as part of a remote, globally-distributed, 8-person team to manage day-to-day operations of the Hummingbot Foundation. As the “jane/jack of all trades” on the team, you will oversee and coordinate a variety of tasks: from daily operations, to human resources tasks, assisting on accounting/financial functions, and helping to build out the Foundation’s SOPs.
We are looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, motivated, creative, and ready to dive into this role. If you love implementing structures and creating systems where maybe there aren’t any; if you love learning new things and forging connections among a growing community of crypto enthusiasts; if you thrive in managing your time and work in a remote environment - this is the opportunity for you!
- Operations: help establish, maintain, and optimize the daily/operational “bones” for the Foundation (including, but not limited to the areas of administrative assistance, human resources, finance/accounting, legal, social/marketing, and business development)
- Administrative: organize and maintain documents and records, accounts maintenance, creating and improving documentation and SOPs
- HR: help with job postings, filtering candidates, and keeping track of applicant pipeline; sending out offer letters/agreements; processing and tracking payments to team
- Finance/Accounting: help prepare customer invoices, record payments/expenses; work closely with the CFO on bookkeeping items (QuickBooks Online experience a huge plus!)
- Legal: records maintenance; preparing legal documents and completing various applications
- Social/Marketing: engaging with our community on Discord and Twitter; helping to maintain social media accounts; collaborating with others on marketing and social events
- Business Development assistance: help to follow-up with customers and potential customers
You're a great fit if you are:
- A fast learner who is excited about crypto/blockchain technology’s potential to revolutionize the world
- Curious, communicative, and resourceful - not afraid to seek out answers and information on your own; also comfortable asking questions / for help when needed
- Someone who takes initiative to solve problems: doesn’t just tick the box; finds ways to do things better
- Excited about the opportunity to co-create with a small team and make this operations-based role your own
- Tech savvy: comfortable using a wide range of different software and technologies for work and communication (Discord, Notion, Telegram) and willing to try out/test software
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills; a team player
- Versed in the world of remote work; comfortable with working “asynchronously” across time zones
- The proud owner of a cold wallet
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working at a startup, in particular, a blockchain/cryptocurrency
- Previous work with DAOs and/or open source communities
- Previous work at a tech/software company
- Experience with crypto assets (buying, selling, trading)
Skills + Qualities (including, but not limited to):
- Operations / administrative experience
- Human Resources
- Highly organized
- Communication skills
- QuickBooks Online
- Google Apps/Drive
- Remote work experience
- Discord and Telegram
- Open to existing team members looking to move to the next level of their careers within the organization!