- San Francisco, CA
Huckberry is an independent online retailer and magazine for adventurous guys. We're a team of 50ish and based in San Francisco's Design District.
Almost a million young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration.
We're bootstrapped, profitable and proud (http://bit.ly/1N81FZ8), were recently named one of Men's Journal's Best Menswear Shops (http://mjm.ag/1lCgU12), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
We're looking for another Editor to join our team here in San Francisco.
We endeavor to build the most inspiring, creative, and profitable company in eCommerce, and we're looking for someone with great energy and insight to help lead the editorial charge.
In this position, you'll work across our Shop, Journal and social media channels, and will join a talented team of writers, designers, photographers, and buyers.
No two days on the job will be the same. One day you might be spearfishing in the Florida Keys for a lookbook (http://bit.ly/1QQNbVu). The next, you may find yourself in the office writing brand copy while our office dog Pepper sits at your feet.
- A great writer — edgy, but not snarky, and can pack a lot of punch in a few words
- A voracious consumer of social media. You're also tuned into the blogosphere and have a good nose for stories that fit our edit
- A meticulous, detail oriented person who understands the bigger picture of “the Huckberry ethos”
- Organized. Able to juggle the Editorial calendar, Twitter and Facebook timelines, freelancers, designers, photographers, and the occasion special request. You stay calm and write on
- Write and produce daily articles and brand copy
- Assist in the management and curation of one or more of Huckberry's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Work with managers, brands team, design department and freelancers writers to ensure quality copy across the site
- Find timely, compelling content and then turn that into engaging articles to inspire and inform our audience
- Generate original content to further define the brand and offer in-depth engagement to our audience
You (ideally) have:
- A degree in Journalism, Communications or something equivalent. Or you're just pretty damn insightful
- Experience writing and editing content for the web
- Experience managing social media channels, and are tuned into the latest "best practices" for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar and story construction, and an eye for good photography
- The ability to work at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:
Please apply with a resume —no cover letters— and include the following:
- Tell us why you'd be a good fit with Huckberry in 3 sentences or less.
- A link to your 5 favorite blogs.
- A link to relevant writing samples.
- Links to your Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or Facebook pages (i.e. any public profiles that will give us a better idea of you and your interests)
MORE ABOUT US:
- The Huckberry Story: http://bit.ly/1N81FZ8
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Huckberry
- Twitter: Twitter.com/Huckberry
* Hey folks, Andy — Huckberry co-founder — here. I honestly wish I could reply to each and everyone of you, but we're starting to receive an ungodly amount of applications, and carpal tunnel syndrome runs in my family. So if you don't hear back from me, please don't take it personally. We're growing like a weed and will be hiring for a bunch more positions in the near future. In the meantime, see you out there!