PHP Front/Back end Developer | Part-time
- Boulder St, Denver, CO 80211, USA
Huck Adventures is an app-based community that connects you with people worldwide and makes it easier for you to enjoy the outdoor activities you love. We are a bootstrapped Colorado startup that aims to be the ultimate place for learning new adventure skills, connecting with others at your level, and thriving as an outdoor community.
Join our incredible team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and adventurers who have a collective passion for the outdoors.
Huck is hiring a unique Developer position that will allow you to not only expand your capabilities, but build equity in a unique adventure startup. As part of Huck you will be able to set your own hours and even work remote. We are looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to their craft, writes code they are proud of and can hit the ground running. You don’t need a degree if you have the talent. This position is fast paced, exciting, and has plenty of room for you to grow. With Huck you will be able to grow your skills and also learn both Flutter and Firebase with a team on the cutting edge.
What does a PHP Developer do?
A PHP Developer writes beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way.
You will work in a team setting, with our management team to develop and integrate technologies from leading providers to bridge our content to our brand sites’ users. The environment is fast paced, casual and entrepreneurial! You will improve the relationship with our consumers through creativity and problem-solving, using a wide range of tools. You will be an integral part of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company, and you’ll have the influence and tools available to rapidly grow our business.
We are looking for someone with design and development experience, an interest in understanding consumer behavior, and the enthusiasm to push us forward.
Day to day duties of the position include:
- Working with our team to build new features and new products
- Troubleshooting the cause of bugs and implementing a solution when needed
- Participating in team meetings, providing input and suggestions
- Continually looking for ways to improve or optimize our technology
- Occasionally leading or mentoring other team members
- You enjoy the process to diagnose and solve code problems (Stack Overflow is your friend or better yet where you go to help others!)
- You have an understanding and appreciation for the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation
- You are competent at testing and ensuring your code is cross-browser, cross-platform compatiable
- You are comfortable using data to support and validate your concepts
Beneficial but not required:
• Flutter background
• Fluency with Java and/or swift
• Experience creating Material Design styled apps
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.