Weld Team Leader - 2nd Shift
- 154 Rte 30 S, Castleton, VT 05735, USA
Hubbardton Forge employs approximately 230 people in Vermont and is one of the country’s oldest and largest continuously operating commercial forges today. It all started with two guys, an old barn and some borrowed tools. They had big ideas and a passion for design, respect for high-quality craftsmanship and a belief in the importance of tradition. For more than 45 years, Hubbardton Forge artisans have handcrafted each product, one at a time, right here in Vermont. Manufacturing domestically allows a level of responsiveness to customers we couldn’t otherwise provide, enables partnerships between departments creating a better workplace, keeps well-paying jobs in the U.S.A. and helps to strengthen our local economy. We continue to grow as a domestic manufacturer.
We are seeking a candidate for our Weld Team Leader, 2nd Shift (M-F, 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm) at Hubbardton Forge.
OVERVIEW: The Weld Team Leader is responsible for providing day-to-day hands-on leadership in the functional areas of communication, work procedures, quality and safety. Additionally, the position will require setting standard work through gemba walks, audits, coaching support, safety and waste watches. The ideal candidate will promote a culture of problem-solving, waste elimination while modeling positive behavior for the team.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Follow and execute safety standard work.
- Monitor team members on compliance with all applicable safety guidelines and procedures.
- Support the operator SOP process.
- Identify and correct unsafe actions, and notify DL if further action is necessary.
- Facilitate, address and follow-up with issues as identified through 6s and safety audits
- Audit team members on following appropriate standard work, process documents and quality standards.
- Coach team members in understanding first time quality and the importance of customer focus.
- Communicate the customer concerns to the team.
- Coach and audit team members on adhering to systems, processes and procedures at all times.
- Directs team reflection on daily production performance.
- Collaborate to ensure that resources are appropriately aligned and deployed on a daily basis to meet objectives in consideration of upstream and downstream customers.
- Make the Department Leader aware of issues that may affect the department’s objectives or goals.
- Support training and development programs (team and/or individual) to ensure success of team members in your department.
- Measure team performance and progress against provided targets using visual tools to identify problems
- Facilitate team in recognizing, communicating and contributing to the execution of process improvements.
- Reinforce team commitment to include continuous improvement in daily standard work.
- Facilitate waste elimination with team members through conduction of root cause analysis.
- Comprehend and support departmental spending.
· Participate in regular thorough waste watches and walks.
- Provide active coaching to team members on behavioral competencies.
- Provide active coaching that is consistent with Performance Coaching opportunities and provide regular feedback to the Department Leader regarding team member development and progress.
- Participate and support problem-solving facilitated by the Department Leader.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3+ recent years applicable work experience.
- Ability to coach and drive results through team using lean thinking and lean concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully lead in a team environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple and/or changing priorities.
- Proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Employment of selected candidates is contingent upon clear drug and background screening as well as ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in a post-offer employment physical.
Hubbardton Forge is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.