Senior Corporate Communications Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 180,000 employees, approximately 80,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 12 regional headquarters, 14 R&D Centers, 36 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future...faster.
Huawei provides you the opportunity to help shape the future of telecommunications... everywhere.
As the Senior Corporate Communications Manager, you would be responsible for executing your position’s responsibilities in alignment with Huawei’s local and global objectives and by performing the following tasks:
- Work closely with the global Corporate Communications team to develop and execute strategic, high-impact communication programs in the U.S. to reflect both the local and global objectives, increase the company’s global brand awareness, support sales and marketing goals, and to ensure the company is communicating a narrative consistent to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides critical communications expertise and guidance to both local and global executives in crisis situations.
- Manage PR for US enterprise and carrier business units.
- Lead strategy and engagement across US social media channels.
- Work in coordination with overseas colleagues in UK and Asia to establish, cultivate, and maintain positive media relations with US-based editors and correspondents of global international media.
- Work in coordination with cross-functional team members across multi-teams and multiple business groups to organize media outreach and facilitate media visits/interviews at global events and regional trade shows.
- Develop media collateral including but not limited to news releases, fact sheets, spokesperson’s bios, briefing books, etc. Serve as a key contact to distribute press releases, evaluate and prioritize interview requests, and place earned/sponsored articles.
- Identify research and reporting initiatives to measure success.
- Lead public relations agency partners to manage project, monitoring, reporting, and related budgets.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in reputable multi-national company in marketing, communications or related field, preferably in a technology setting.
- Strong media relations skills and experience.
- Experience on the agency side either internally or managing agency teams from the corporate side.
- Strong ability to effectively manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform duties in a timely and efficient manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Established relationships with leading US business and tech reporters and editors.
- Experience in the information and communications technology or enterprise technology industry.
- Regular regional or global business travel may apply.
- Location: Based in NYC, San Francisco.
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.