Expert of Image / Video Editing Based on Deep Learning
- 4321 Still Creek Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6S7, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
The Central Media Technology Institute of the Laboratory in 2012 is Huawei's media technology innovation and engineering capability center, responsible for the technical competitiveness of products in the media field. Faced with the challenges and opportunities of customers, industry and company's future business, it will continue to focus on technological research, innovation and breakthroughs in the media field (photography, audio, video, AR&VR, codec standards etc.) to ensure that the company's core competitiveness of media products continues to lead and support the company's long-term business success.
The Central Media Technology Institute has set up R&D centers and professional laboratories in seven overseas countries such as Japan, North America and Europe, as well as domestic R&D centers in Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, etc. In the field of mobile phone photography, audio, video, AR&VR, codec standards and other technology, Huawei is in the leading position in the industry, supporting Huawei to become the leader of the mobile devices and ICT industry.
Our vision is to bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. The recruitment of the Central Media Technology Institute involves mobile phone photography, audio, video, AR&VR and other media fields. We are gathering the world-recognized researchers, pioneers and explorers in the field from the top-tier academic and industrial organizations.
Ideally, you are currently in a pioneer scientist/technologist leadership position within industrial or academic research and development organization, you are a passionate scientist/technologist in the area of generative adversarial networks (GAN) or variable auto-encoder (VAE) related technologies and have a track record of delivering next image/video generation and edition. You have demonstrated the ability to envision the future and have the technical leadership skills to drive concept through product roadmap impact. You have an excellent contribution to technology partnerships with the industrial and academic community.
Responsible for the construction of technological competitiveness in image/video generation and edition based on deep learning in Huawei, building the key selling points and technological breakpoints, enabling ordinary consumers to create masterpieces and support the great business success of products.
- Responsible for the generative adversarial networks (GAN) or variable auto-encoder (VAE) related technology scheme and key technology of TOP1;
- Create Huawei image/video generation and edition technology to support products' great business success, including terminals and clouds.
- At least eight years of relevant working experience in the media field, such as image super-resolution, face editing, style transfer, motion capture, etc. Systematic understanding of image/video generation and edition technology in the industry.
- Experience in product development, familiarity with industry resources, innovative thinking, and ability to grasp the direction of technology and business development trends.
- Have a profound background and knowledge in both fields of GAN or VAE;
- Familiar with neural rendering to make the generated images or videos reality;
- Familiar with the software architecture and algorithm has a good foundation;
- Propose creative ideas of related technology development and clear direction to monetize the business.
- M.Sc.(Eng.) or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.