Technical Cooperation Manager
- 4321 Still Creek Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6S7, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high speed wireless Internet and supplies them with cutting edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
Huawei Canada’s rapid growth has created an excellent opportunity to build and grow your career and make a big impact to everyone’s life! Our Big Data and Intelligence Platform Lab is currently looking to hire a Technical Cooperation Manager to join our Burnaby team.
- The culmination of your efforts will enable the Canada Research Centre to proactively identify opportunities for industry collaboration.
- Perform Artificial Intelligence and/or Operations Research technology analysis, then evaluate, interpret and contribute insights toward technology planning and research collaboration planning.
- Bring excellent relationship management skills that will enhance and build upon existing relationships with industry partners and academic institutions.
- Project-manage agreed-to University research relationships and programs, and conduct market research and analysis, to evaluate, interpret and contribute to strategic technology planning.
- University degree in a related technical discipline is a must
- 5 - 10 years of work experience in the related field
- Broad-based experience in a business management role
- Broad knowledge and experience with the latest ICT technologies
- Strong ICT industry awareness
- Advanced relationship management skills; highly effective communications skills
- A highly motivated self-starter; demonstrated willingness to initiate work when you see potential value
- Has experience with managing and negotiating contracts
- Fluency in both Chinese and English.