Junior Data Engineer
- 4321 Still Creek Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6S7, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
Huawei Canada’s rapid growth has created an excellent opportunity to build and grow your career and make a big impact to everyone’s life. This position embodies the core customer-centric culture of the Huawei Company, and takes the vision and responsibility to “Make IT Simple, Make Business Agile”.
- Collect multi-modal data (such as image, video, text, etc.) for Deep Learning R&D.
- Validate and preprocess collected dataset for training and evaluation.
- Collect publicly available datasets and process them.
- Evaluate and analyze provided DL models on various datasets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets including visual data (image or video).
- Hands on experience with Deep Learning models with PyTorch
- Proficient programming skill in Python.
- Experience and understanding in Software Engineering and OOP.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated and execution oriented individuals, passionate in building best in class products.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of industry experience in related fields.
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics.
- Research and experience in NLP with Deep Learning.
- Demonstrated success on deep learning-based projects involving CNNs, RNNs/LSTMs, etc.
- Proficient with one more deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, and Keras.
- R&D experience in Computer Vision.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Hands on experience with OpenCV
This is a contract position for 4 to 12 months. We are open to offer an internship as well.