Hardware and System Engineer (Internship)
- 303 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, ON K2K 3J1, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
On-site lab work may be required. Must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, ON.
- Investigate the hardware impairment in coherent transceivers and its mitigation methods through DSP compensation algorithms
- Design and set up experimental testing systems to characterize the fast-speed components such as DAC, ADC, coherent transmitter and receivers
- Prepare design and verification reports
- Hand-on experience in fast-speed testing system and instruments such as offline testing based on high-speed DAC and real-time sampling scope, OSNR, PMD, PDL measurement, RF and optical components characterizations etc.
- Basic understanding of communication system and DSP algorithms, including modulation, channel equalization algorithms
- Programming language of simulation and verification in Python or C
- PhD or Masters student or recent graduate with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related