Advanced Networking Research Engineer
- 303 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, ON K2K 3J1, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
Huawei Canada wireless division is seeking a research engineer to join its advanced cloud and networking research team.
In this position, the successful candidate will work closely with a team of research engineers on a variety of different projects such as hyper dynamic topology networks, next generation wireless networks, cloud-RAN, and edge computing, in order to forge and formulate innovative ideas, conduct theoretical research, pioneer technological trends, and develop proof of concept demonstrations.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- A strong background in networking, mobile networks, cloud technologies, and virtualization techniques.
- Strong software design skills, programming background and development experience (preferably in a Linux environment).
- Comfortable working in the lab.
- Knowledge of AI, ML/DL/FL, IoT, and 5G will be an asset.
- Fast learner, highly adaptable, and capable of working in a fast pace research environment.
- Ability to work on different stages of projects from inception to simulation to proof of concept development.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results oriented and excellent team player.