Network Protocol Software Engineer
- 303 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, ON K2K 3J1, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
- Development of software modules of network protocol software system
- Module level requirement analysis and HLD
- Coding and unit-testing of software modules
- Participate in the building of network protocol simulation platform to realize automatic testing and trouble-shooting of network protocol software system
- Refactoring of software modules including module-level architect and source code
- Proficient with C/C++ language
- Familiar with TCP/IP and socket API
- Familiar with embedded Linux system
- Knowledge in network graph algorithm is a plus
- Experience in network protocol project is a plus
- Knowledge in optical networks is a plus
- BS or MS, Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Telecommunication is a plus
- Recent graduates within the last 3 years preferred