Ubiquitous Computing Researcher
- 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5B4, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real-world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
About Huawei Human-Machine Interaction Lab
Revolutionary products require revolutionary user interfaces. Huawei Human-machine Interaction (HMI) Lab brings global talents together to re-think the relationship between humans and ever-expanding technology. Driven by innovation, user-centered approaches, and high impact products, the lab aims to advance the state-of-the-art human-computer interaction research. Located both in Toronto, Canada and Shen Zhen, China. Huawei HMI lab consists of researchers, engineers, and designers working on cross-disciplinary areas including novel interactive systems, sensing technologies, wearable and IoT systems, human factors, computer vision, and multimodal interfaces.
The Ubiquitous or Wearable Computing Researcher will work with our team of talented engineers and researchers to conduct applied research, advancing the state-of-the-art in applied machine learning, intelligent human-computer interaction, mobile computing, ubiquitous computing, wearable computing and collaboratively developing advanced products and services with other groups in the company. The work will mainly include
- Analyze the application scenarios and pain points for user experience on different products such as smart phone, smart watch, smart speaker, headphone, laptop and tablet; propose and fast-prototype the corresponding solutions.
- Conducting cutting edge research on novel systems of mobile/ubiquitous/wearable computing, applied machine learning, intelligent interactions.
- Collaborating with external partners in the worldwide ubiquitous/mobile/wearable computing research community, and participating in academic activities and promoting the work conducted in the lab,
- Supervise research interns,
- Publishing the research results to top ubiquitous/wearable/mobile computing conferences/journals,
- Interfacing with other internal and external R&D teams to deliver research results to various products
- Ph.D. in computer science or related STEM fields,
- 3+ years of research experience in relevant fields, industrial experience in top research labs or large technology companies is a plus.
- Must have experience in at least one of these fields: mobile computing, mobile system, ubiquitous computing, wearable computing, sensor-driven AI applications, location-based service, AIoT system,
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques for human-computer interaction applications is a plus,
- Extensive programming skills in Python, Java or C/C++ etc., and a trackable record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly,
- In-depth understanding of Algorithms and Data structure,
- Relevant publications in conferences such as UbiComp (IMWUT),ISWC, MobiCom, MobiSys, SenSys, SigCom, InfoCom, UIST, CHI etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.