Senior AI Researcher (Full-time)
- 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5B4, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
As a senior AI Researcher/Developer, you will work on exciting projects that target to make the cutting edge deep learning models perform the most with respect to speed and accuracy on the Ascend platform (training), demanding you to apply your full talent to innovate algorithms in your daily work. As either a well-known AI technology evangelizer or a fast-growing AI talent, you are encouraged to communicate with AI professors/researchers/users in academics and industries via top AI conferences/workshops to promote your research results against the Ascend system. Your leadership in AI technology would be fulfilled by nurturing new AI research directions or enriching popular research directions, which would ultimately promote Huawei’s Ascend technologies in a short or long run. Working with a rich pool of AI hardware and software experts at Huawei in Canada and around the world, your research and development activity will become super easy and prolific, which would make you enjoy your achievements at a fast than ever pace and grow your AI credentials exponentially.
- Track the trend of AI theory and technology development in the world and generate research report and proposals for promoting Ascend system accordingly.
- Lead or participate in research of algorithms in accelerating the training of the market-driven AI models (CV/NLP/GNN/…), reaching/exceeding the state of the art accuracy, and develop a proof of concept of the algorithms. Those algorithms include but are not limited to the following: optimizers, loss functions, new model architecture, mix precision, model compression, learning technologies (e.g., meta-learning), etc.
- Publish relevant high-quality AI research papers when necessary and approved, and attend conferences for increasing public awareness of Huawei’s Ascend products; file high-value patents on critical algorithms/processes that are of potential business gain.
- Team with other departments/teams from Huawei’s global research centers for collaboration.
- Assist the team lead on planning of projects and definition of technology/products development road map.
- Master/PhD in Computer Science, Math/Statistics, focusing on AI & Deep Learning with solid publication records.
- 2+ years working experience in optimizing performance of training deep learning models and/or their applications to CV/NLP/GNN domains.
- Solid skills in programming in Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch/MXNet.
- Hands-on skills in C++/Python programming.
- Excellent documentation skills in writing internal reports and/or publishing research papers.
- Excellent communication skills in internal and external presentation.
- Working knowledge of AI accelerators or the full stack of AI acceleration system is a strong asset.
- Strong math background in optimization (e.g., gradient descending) is a great asset.
We appreciate your interests and would like you to understand that only a short list of candidates will be contacted.