Senior Software Algorithm Expert
- 303 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, ON K2K 3J1, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
- Software optimization related to data structures, OS and database in order to improve the utilization of hardware resources including CPU and memories to the best.
- Abstract network services and build data models to realize high efficient network management and resource allocation.
- Responsible for service creation in complex telecom network scenarios:
- a)Rapid search, creation and updating of service forward path within a network element.
- b)Rapid service path creation in optical and electrical layer merged network scenarios.
- Responsible for the optimization of existing algorithm and the improvement of computing power:
- a)Optimization of internal algorithms used by products
- b)Performance tuning and tweaking of software system.
- Exploit the capabilities of hardware resources and improve the utilization to the extreme.
- Experience in algorithm and architecture design and development of large-scale complex software.
- Experience in network path planning and optimization. Capability of designing the model, architecture and solution of algorithms and validating the algorithm via simulation.
- Capability of service abstraction and information modelling. Capable of analyzing and decomposing complex service scenarios and building standard service models.
- Experience in mathematic modelling, data analysis and algorithm design.
- Experience in refactoring of large-scale software.
- Experience in developing and optimization of large-scale software with limited hardware resources.
- Proficient in modern C++ or Java, familiar with Python and Matlab modeling languages, familiar with design models.
- Proficient in algorithm design especially in graph theory, optimization, heuristic algorithms and deep learning.
- Proficient in data structure especially in tree-based high-efficient search and sorting.
- Familiar with the kernel and architecture of Linux, memory management, task scheduling and file system.