Computer Vision Researcher(Co-op/PEY position)
- 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5B4, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
About Huawei Noah's Ark Lab
The Noah's Ark Lab is the AI research team of Huawei Technologies with offices in Beijing, Edmonton, Montreal, Shenzhen, Toronto, and several other cities. The mission of the Lab is to make significant contributions to both the company and the society through innovations in artificial intelligence. Guided by long term goals and big impact projects, researchers in the lab try to advance the state of the art in AI and its application through broad collaboration within the company and with the global research community at each stage of the innovation process.
Founded in 2012, the Lab has grown to cover research areas including fundamental algorithms, speech & language processing, recommendation & search, computer vision, decision making & reasoning, as well as human-computer interaction. Application areas supported by the Lab’s research include communication network control, supply chain management, autonomous driving, dialog systems, machine translation, recommender systems, technical support automation, AI-powered photography, video surveillance, robotics, and human-computer interaction.
We are looking for academic research-focused co-ops who could commit for a minimum 8-month internship to join our Noah's Ark Lab.
- Conceive, plan, develop and implement scientific research projects to advance scientific knowledge in business-relevant areas
- Conduct academic & applied research with a collaborative team of researchers by developing core algorithms and platforms of computer vision to enhance the core competitiveness and user experience of Huawei's related products.
- Generate high-quality patents and/or academic publications in the areas of applied ML, computer vision and graphics (e.g. CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH etc.)
- Co-op students: Currently enrolled in graduate studies in computer science, ECE or related STEM field and registered with school’s co-op program OR undergrad student who can commit 8-monthintern ship.
- PEY students: currently enrolled in University of Toronto PEY program.
- Familiar with at least one area of visual image enhancement, semantic understanding and reasoning of images(e.g., intelligent scene recognition, saliency detection, image semantic, color balance, image super-resolution and denoising, OCR, image search and image captioning etc.)
- Good track of record in top academic conferences/publications (i.e., CVPR, ICCV, NeurlIPS, ECCV, AAAI etc. ) is a HUGE ASSET.
- A passion for creating innovative techniques, and making them robust and scalable
- Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions
- Solid programming skills with C++ and/or Java and/or Python
- Creative, collaborative, and innovation-focused
Huawei Canada is committed to providing valuable co-op opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Working with us provides you the opportunities to integrate theoretical knowledge with practical skills, to network with world leading professionals, and most importantly, to experience the cutting-edge technology before everyone else.
We have internships throughout the year for you to choose from, co-op work term (4, 8, 12, 16 months) may begin in September, January, and May. Join us and together we will pave the way towards a better connected world.