Junior Administrative Assistant - Mandarin Speaking
- 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5B4, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
This is a 12 month contract
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the management team, as directed.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management and occasionally members of their staff.
- Coordinate logistics of team programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events (including awards, celebrations and social events).
- Minute taking, and tracking meetings resolutions.
- Refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as required.
- Complete expense reports, pay invoices, and other related duties.
- Present a positive and professional image of the office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Some personal assistant duties as required (lunches, errands)
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Strong English and Mandarin communication skills
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, required.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Experience in operation or HR field is asset
- Keen attention to details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Resourceful and flexible
- Strong organizational skills (time management)
- Ability to schedule duties/projects (multi-task)
- Ability to work unsupervised, attention to detail and an evident work ethic
- Desire to contribute to a team environment o Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision