Junior Network Software Engineer
- 4321 Still Creek Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6S7, Canada
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
The gateway software engineering team at Huawei’s Vancouver Research Center is responsible for gateway appliance TCP/IP software full stack architecture and development. Led by the top experts in this industry and mixed with new PhD grads and experienced veterans, the team will be expanding from 8 to 20 within 6 months. By joining our team, you’ll benefit from our expansive technical knowledge and keen drive to innovate. This new team has ample growth opportunity and supportive leaders.
From a technical perspective, we are focused on network appliance embedded software development. Our technology map covers TCP/IP stack, Linux C programming, network socket programming, IPC, memory management, optimization and troubleshooting, CPU performance profiling, Linux Kernel development and user space C process development. Needless to say, your work will have diversity in tasks.
You’ll be exposed to Linux fundamental, Bash, Object Oriented Design, Design Pattern, Big Data and Machine Learning. If you have experience in these, you’re sure to ramp up quickly. Your day to day will include creating survey documents, software design documents, high quality C coding, unit testing and generating test analysis reports.
- Software engineers will have extended experience in software design, coding and debugging.
- Proactively refactor and participate in module refactoring work.
- Support software design and coding to improve and simplify the overall of design and coding.
- Introduce and utilize the best software engineering practice in the industry, such as unit testing and software building technologies to improve comprehensive software engineering efficiency.
- Interest and hands on experience in network security
- Experience with technology including C/C++, TCP/IP networking, Linux system APIs, strong grasp of sockets and IPC mechanisms a plus.
- Practical experience in C and data structures is required.
- Understanding of programming on multi-core and multi-processor platforms. Experience with Linux Device Driver, scheduler, memory management and file system.
- Knowledge of networking internals code including the TCP/IP stack, Routing, Sockets API, network gateway, and load balancing. Experience with SSL/TLS, SSH, VPN, tunnel, proxy is would make you stand out
- Dedication to producing extremely high-quality code that meets strict performance requirements.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
Ready to help make the World’s networks more secure?