Linux and Kubernetes Developer
- 300 Hagey Blvd, Waterloo, ON N2L 0A4, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
- Participate in design of security solutions for Huawei’s cloud, enterprise and AI systems that span a variety of software and hardware components.
- Design and implement OS-level software components for security solutions
- Perform analysis, evaluations and investigations into new and emerging security trends and technologies
- 5+ years’ experience in Linux appliance/application development
- Strong background in Linux (preferably Ubuntu/Debian based) system configuration, security, and administration
- Good knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes and containerization.
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise orchestrating, administrating and scaling solutions using containers in Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of IP networking, TLS, iptables, NAT, resiliency techniques, etc
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline is preferred or equivalent work experience and technical training of 5 years or more.
- A curious attitude, love of solving problems, attention to detail, flexibility, and a passion for excellence are critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Qualifications Considered an Asset
If you possess any of the below skills/experience, we would consider these to be very strong additional assets.
- TPM and kernel development experience would be an asset.
- FPGA development experience.
- Experience with embedded systems, low-level board development and board bring-up.
- Experience with hardware design and driver/OS integration beneficial.
- Proficiency in at least one assembly language (ARM preferred).
- Knowledge of GPU acceleration for ML applications.
- Experience with cryptographic libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, LibreSSL, mbed TLS).
- Experience with server hardware virtualization technologies such as KVM/QEMU or Xen.
- Experience with isolation technologies, such as secure containers / sandboxing at both the system and application levels beneficial.
- Knowledge of trusted execution environments (TEE) such as ARM TrustZone or Intel SGX