Deep Learning Research Intern - Prediction
- 11 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Canada
About Noah’s Ark Lab: The Noah’s Ark Lab is the AI research division for Huawei Technologies, with offices in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, London, Paris, Moscow, Toronto, Montreal, and Edmonton. As a world class research lab, we dare to address the most fundamental challenges in AI so as to revolutionize the ways in which people work and live, and the ways in which companies do business for the better. Founded in 2012, the lab has now grown to cover all major areas of contemporary AI research. We welcome talented researchers, engineers and students to join us to realize our shared AI dreams.
We are looking for students who are currently in a computer science degree or related fields, passionate about research in Machine Learning and excited about the possibility of applying ML to self-driving cars and autonomous robotic.
This role involves working close with experienced researchers to design state-of-the-art predictive deep learning algorithms that has the potential to be applied to real world challenges, to evaluate them both with common benchmarking suites and in internal simulated environments as well as potentially with real cars and robots, and to publish the research results at top tier conferences.
· Must be enrolled in a PhD program in a field relating to AI and Machine Learning such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
· Working toward a degree in a computer science or related fields in artificial intelligence.
· Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and C/C++, etc.;
· Familiarity with ML approaches in particular Deep Learning;
· Background in computer vision and robotic tasks such as object detection, tracking, activity recognition, etc.
· Hands-on experience with recurrent neural networks and generative algorithms (RNN, GAN) and generative models;
· Hands-on experience in Robotics and Sensor fusion is a plus;
· Experience with one or more mainstream deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and Keras a plus.
· Mandarin is a nice to have